It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chocolate Covered Strawberries Brownies with White Chocolate Champagna Frosting

The perfectly dipped strawberry in chocolate is something of a marvel. I crave these from time to time. Quite sensuous ... I picture a bottle of champagne, some elegantly dipped strawberries and um, that's it! So, I turned this into a brownie. I swear, sometimes I even amaze myself! I cut the brownies, after the daunting experience of waiting for them to cool, into 1"X1" cubes, piped the frosting on in a zigzag form and topped with one slice of a strawberry. It looked and tasted divine!

4 eggs
1 tsp salt
2 C sugar
2 TBSP vanilla
2 sticks butter
1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate
1 C flour
1/2 C chopped fresh strawberries

3 1/2 C confectioners sugar
1 stick butter
1/4 white chocolate chips
1 TBSP champagna
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat the eggs and the salt until light and frothy. Add the sugar and beat for 3 minutes. Add the vanilla and beat to incorporate.

Microwave the chocolate and butter until fully melted. To do this, microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between each microwave session. Once melted, pour into egg mixture w blender on low. Then add the flour and mix to incorporate everything (about 1 minute). Scrape down the side of the bowl and mix again for 30 seconds. Fold in strawberries.

Place brownie mixture in a greased 9X12X3 pan. Cook for about 35 minutes or until a tester comes out just slightly gooey.

While the brownies are cooling, you can prepare the frosting. Melt the white chocolate and the butter. Beat this mixture with the sugar. Add enough champagne to make a workable icing. I piped mine on.

To assemble, cut brownies into 1"X1" squares, pipe on some icing and top w a piece of strawberries. Bring these, the rest of the champagne and a pot of coffee to the table and you will have a VERY happy evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment