It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Healthy Bolognase

I personally feel that a huge bowl of spaghetti bolognase topped with tons of parmasen cheese is unbeatable on a colder night. However, the red meat, white pasta and parmasen is anything but figure friendly. I decided to try something else. I actually believe I have to get Sue Getz credit for this one as I am pretty sure she introduced me to this. Anyways, I served the bolognese over my favorite greens... arugula. If you pour the hot bolognase over the fresh greens, some of the greens will wilt and absorb all the flavor and some of the greens will remain crunchy and peppery. Also, I don't use beef; I replace it with ground chicken breast. You end up w a totally nutritious (ok, fine, I still go a little nuts with the cheese) and equally delicious meal!

1 lb ground chicken breast
Arugula (maybe 2 packed Cups per serving-ish)
1 can whole peeled tomatoes
2 tsp each oregano and basil
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp hot red pepper flakes
Romano cheese

Brown the meat with the dried herbs over medium heat. Once browned, add the tomatoes (crushing them as you go) and bring that up to a boil. Serve over greens and top with cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment