It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Yorkshire Puddings

If my dad's signature recipe in my memory is Chicken Croquettes, my mom's is definitely Yorkshire Puddings!! I honestly have no clue why I waited so long to try cooking these - they are so sinche and delicious. You must try these. Although, be weary that my mom claims the oil can and will spontaneously combust at a certain temperature - yikes! :0)

I did a huge meal for Meegy with a large roast, brussel sprouts, carrots, apple and turnip mash, gravy and the Yorkshire puds!

1 C flour
1 1/4 C milk
3 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
(yeah, that's it - I swear!)

Whisk together ingredients and let sit for 45 minutes.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Put 1 tsp of fat (veggie oil, lard, Crisco, etc) into each of 12 cup cake holders in a cup cake tin. Place cupcake tin with oil in oven until it smokes (shouldn't take too long... remember, spontaneous combustion people!)

Remove tin, whisk batter one last time and fill each holder 2/3 of the way fill. Place back in oven and cook 15-20 minutes or until golden.

Smother with gravy - yummyyyy

No comments:

Post a Comment