It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Chicken Corquettes

This is probably the recipe from my childhood I remember best. My dad used to make these and he would put a green olive in the middle of all but one of the croquettes. I forget if you won or lost if you didn't get the olive (I frankly think it changed) and I also don't remember what you won if you did, but I remember loooving these! I asked my dad for the recipe and have duplicated them since.

1-2 rotisserie chickens
1 can condensed chicken soup
Egg wash (2 eggs + 1-2 TBSP milk)
Panko bread crumbs (this is my twist... I think my dad used regular plain bread crumbs)
Green olives
Veggie oil for frying

Peel all the meat from the rotisserie chickens. Food process the meat until you get a grainy/sandy kind of paste. You MUST food process - do not try and do this manually. Add enough condensed chicken soup to the chicken until you get a sticky paste. Roll into 3X2 cylindars and shove olives into all but one of the centers. Dip quickly in egg wash, roll in panko crumbs and let rest in the fridge for 10 minutes. Dip and roll again and let set for 20 minutes. Then fry in 350 oil until dark golden brown.

You can sub the chicken w potatoes if you want. You could really do anything now that I think of it. You could do potatoes and salmon or you could do egg and potato or ham and potato for a Spanish style croquette. Play around w this... I now intend to.

No comments:

Post a Comment