It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Pasta w Veggies

So, you can really do any veggies you have on hand. Some good ones are squash/zucchini, onion, carrots, peas, string beans, peppers, etc etc. For once I actually had left over fresh pasta instead of left over veggies that had to be used. Strange, huh? Ite, so, there version below is what I did yesterday. The dried spice combo really makes the perfect sauce and therefore shouldn't be tampered with like you can tamper with the veggies. And to ensure that the sauce isn't too tangy, I always add a little of the starchy pasta water.

1 15 oz can tomato sauce (I get a big ass box of these at Costco)
1/2 lbs pasta (I used fresh angle hair... this was for two ppl only)
1 zucchini
1 red onion
1/2 C peas
1 tsp hot pepper flakes
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp thym
1/44 tsp rosemary
1 TBSP olive oil
Parmasan cheese
Fresh parsley

Saute the veggies and the dried spices in olive oil until nice and brown (I even like it when they get sorta black... kinda adds a fire roasted sorta flare). Then you reduce to low and cook for another 2 minutes to cool off the pan before you add tomato sauce so it doesn't splatter.

Add the tomato sauce and cook on low for however long you want. Meanwhile, dunk the pasta and cook accordingly (omg, please use fresh pasta... it's so effing amazing it's out of control). Cook it so it's like suuuper al dente (aka hard in the middle), drain all the water but abt 2 TBSP then add the pasta to the sauce mixture and stir to combine for about 3 minutes over low heat (the pasta will finish cooking here). Sprinkle liberally w cheese and parsley and serve with Garlic Bread. YUMMY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment