It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Italian Style Sandwich

I brought these to the beach and it gave me super great energy for crushin some waves (ok, fine, for being crushed by some waves - he he he). Gosh I love the waves.

Ciabatta bread
Basil Mayo
Prosciutto
Genoa Salami
Aged Provolone (so important)
Tons of arugula

Warm the whole ciabatta loaf in tin foil in a 400 degree oven for about 15 mins. Remove and slice into 4 pieces and cut lengthwise. Slather with the Basil Mayo and add meats and cheeses as you like. Personally, I like both slices of bread slathered w the Basil Mayo, I do equal parts cheese and prosciutto (fucking LOVE prosciutto), only one piece of salami (but salami is the cheapest) and then STUFF it like a turkey with arugula. I use so much arugula people call it my salad sandwich. I would be happy eating arugula all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment