It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Rhubarb Chutney

I made this for my mom cause she's British and they love rhubarb over there. We paired this w a Honey Baked Ham (holy moly - so damn good). However, you can serve this with simple pan seared pork chops too. Or chicken.

3/4 C sugar
1/3 C apple cider vinegar
1 TBSP minced ginger
1 TBSP minced garlic
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 cloves (remove at end)
pinch of red pepper flakes
4 C finely chopped rhubarb
3/4 C red onion
1/3 C dried fruit (I like currants or apricots)

Put everything other than the rhubarb, onions and fruit in a heavy sauce pan and cook over low heat until sugar dissolves. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook until rhubarb is soft. I find this only gets better w time, so make it a day ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment