It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Greek Nachos

Pair this w a Mythos beer and you're set for the night! I always wonder if Mythos is like the Greek version of Miller Light. Here I am trying to be all authentic and shit. Authenticity fail. Whatever, I like Mythos and I've heard they drink this in Greece, so give it a whirl.

3 pitas cut into 6 triangles each
1 lb ground lamb
2 cloves garlic
2 roma tomatoes chopped
1 package feta cheese
1/4 C chopped kalamata olives
1/4 C red onion slivers
Fresh mint
Olive oil
Cumin
Hummus and Greek yogurt on the side

Preheat oven to 350.

Sprinkle pita triangles w olive oil, salt/pep and cumin and toast in oven for about 5 mins per side. Meanwhile, brown the lamb with minced garlic and salt/pepp.

Lay out the pita and cover with lamb, cheese, veggies and sprinkle mint on top. Serve w hummus and Greek yogurt on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment