It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Jalapeno Poppers!

Poppers are my fave greasy grimy bar food... I love them so much. I don't love them when they are filled w cream cheese though... I def prefer the mix up. Meegy and I were gonna buy the pre-made frozen ones, cause like, they're tasty as hell but instead we made our own! I do NOT regret this. We ate these with Crush soda and just accepted that that was not a healthy decision :0)

10 jalapenos
1 C shredded cheddar cheese
1 tub cream cheese
Flour
Bread crumbs
Eggs
Milk

Preheat oven to broil and broil jalapenos, turning once, for about 10 minutes or until the outside is just slightly burnt. Immediately remove from cooking tray to plate and cover tightly with plastic wrap and let them cool for 10 minutes or until you can handle them. Remove the skin and cut in half and then remove the insides.

Mix the cheeses and stuff it into the jalapenos. Dip the jalapeno in a milk and egg wash, then in flour. Let sit for 10 minutes. Dip the jalapeno in egg wash then in bread crumbs. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Repeat the last step giving you another bread crumb coating and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Deep fry for about 4 minutes with oil that's at 375 degrees.

Drooooolin....

No comments:

Post a Comment