It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Italian Fish Pack

Cooking in parchment paper might be one of my favorite things to do in the kitchen. I like the neat little bundles, I love how the flavors stay in, I dig the healthiness (as it is essentially steamed), the presentation is amazing and the clean up is a sinch! (Are you sold yet!?? You best be yo!) Ok, so you can cook in parchment with aaaaaaanything. I guess this is my first post about it so try this out first.

4 fillets white flaky fish (tilapia, sole, code, haddock... you get it)
Juice from 1 lemon
4 lemon slices
4 handfuls of arugula
4 slices of roasted red peppers
3 TBSP black olives
2 TBSP capers
2 tsp dried parsely
2 tsp red pepper flakes
4 tsp garlic powder
Oregano (fresh is soooo great in this recipe)
Olive oil
salt/pep

This is how we do: cut a piece of parchment about a foot long. Lay a handful (1/4 of the amount you have) of arugula on parchment. Place fish on top of arugula and sprinkle with lemon, salt and pepper. Next lay a strip of roasted red pepper down and cover that with a lemon slice (presentation freakin counts here people!!). Next, chop the capers and the olives and toss with the dried parsley, red pepper flakes, garlic powder and about 1 TBSP of olive oil. Divide this into half and then divide one half of it into 4 and sprinkle one fourth of the one half (do you get it!?!?) on top of package thus far. Lay a sprig of fresh oregano and wrap up your bundle... here, I will try to explain, but you basically do it like a deli sandwich. Ok, take two opposing edges, meet them up top and fold over each other once or twice or three times till they hit the bundle. Then fold the other two pieces (the edges) into a triangle (think wrapping a pressie) and then fold those under. I use staples to secure everything.

Serve this with angle hair pasta tossed simply with olive oil, lemon and the remaining capers and olive mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment