It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

French Bread Pizza

My friend from work and I wanted to hang out and drink and eat but we were super poor, so we did this. I love cooking for my friend Claire cause she's always super kind and complimentative (ummm, not a word, but you get it).

Loaf of french bread
Can of tomato sauce
Dried italian herbs (garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, parsley, basil)
Mozz cheese
Ricotta cheese
Toppings (I think we got a can of mushrooms and some pepperoni)

Cut the french bread in half and scoop out a bit of he insides. Slather the inside with sauce and sprinkle w dried herbs. Dollop some ricotta and spread. Sprinkle w mozz. The trick: use ricotta cause it is cheaper and goes further than mozz. Add any toppings you like and bake for about 15 mins. I'm tellin you man, this is way cheaper than ordering a pizza a way better. I'm sure you can figure out how to make it fancier n shtuff like that. You could transfer my Grilled Pizzas ideas to french bread pizzas in the winter. However, nothing beats a pizza stone and a wicked good dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment