It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Lamb Burgers with Cayenne Hummus

I love lamb. They're so cute and delicious - muahahhha. I made my flat breads to put my slider lamb burgers on. I think the cayenne hummus and the fresh herbs really made the dish. I wish I had some black olives and cucumber to make a side salad with... with a fresh herb vinaigrette - yes please!!

1 lb lamb
1 TBSP each finely chopped fresh oregano and parsley
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp cumin
Salt/pep

Flatbreads

1 can chick peas
1/4 C liquid from can of chick peas
3 TBSPish lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced for equal distribution
1 1/2 TBSP tahini
2 TBSP olive oil
1 - 2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp paprika

feta cheese!!

The first thing you should do is make the flat breads. I'm gonna use these over and over again, so get used to it! Meeg makes this delicious brioche burger buns from scratch that would also be phenom, but I tend to stick to these so it's healthier! The flat bread has to sit out for 45 - 60 mins, so do these now.

Next, take the lamb out and combine all top 5 ingredients. Form into patties and let the patties sit out until they come to room temp. You don't want to shock the meat. You can fry up (I like to grill pan it) a red onion to put on top now so it gets charcoaly. Fire up the burgers to your liking. You can grill the flat bread with these.

Next, you can right ahead and make the hummus. Combine all the ingredients from chick peas to paprika in a blender and blend away until nice and smooth. I loooove hummus - it's so creamy without being fattening!! Also, try this cayenne hummus, it has a great kick to an otherwise some-might-perceive-as bland dip. It also goes great with the lamb burgers.

I assemble the burgers with some fresh parsley, grilled red onion, plenty of hummus and feta cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment