It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving Meal '09

So my dad never does a traditional Thanksgiving and this year I figured I would try it myself. Not that what my father made wasn't tasty, but I was in the mood for traditional. Therefore, I made a whole turkey breast, cranberry sauce, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, sweet potato casserole, gravy and maple glazed carrots. For dessert I made a pumpkin pie!!

Sheesh, this is going to be a large post!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

For the turkey breast, I stuffed an herb glaze consisting of 2 TBSP each of fresh minced sage, thyme, garlic and combined with 1 TBSP olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. I put this under the skin of the turkey (you gotta loosen it up a bit... not a clean job) so it is trapped next to the meat. Rub the outside of the turkey breast with oil salt and pepper. Put this in a pot with a copped onion, 2 chopped carrots and 2 chopped celery and 2 C chicken stock on the bottom. Cook, uncovered for 1.5 hrs. Remove foil, jack heat up to 425 and continue cooking until browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment