It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Friday, December 4, 2009

Prosciutto Goat Cheese Roll-ups

This is a really great appetizer/finger food for an Italian meal. You can really add anything in these you want. I personally adore the combo of goat cheese and prosciutto (I'm literally salivating... tmi?), but if you aren't a fan of goat cheese you could try feta or manchego or any kind of crumbly yet creamy cheese. As far as the filling goes, add anything! Literally. Ok, you get it. Try this combo out though, it's perfecto!

1/4 lb prosciutto
1 "log" goat cheese
Pine nuts
Fresh parsely
Pinch of nutmeg
Salt/pepp
Oil

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Mix the goat cheese with about a tsp of fresh parsley, a pinch of nutmeg (literally a tiny pinch) and salt/pepp. Take a strip of proscuitto (about 5" long and 3" wide) and put a dollop of the goat cheese mixture in it. Put a few pine nuts on top and roll up.

Once you have all the proscuitto wraps rolled, sprinkle lightly with olive oil and cook for about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment