It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Banana Everything Cookies


|



I just made really easy, simple and healthy vegan cookies. I got the recipe from the times, but modified it slightly.

Banana Everything Cookies

1 ripe banana
1/3 C apple sauce
2/3 C sugar (you can use some form of the natural sweetener such as Truvia)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 C whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 C quick-cooking or rolled oats (not instant oats)
1/4 C chopped walnuts
1/4 C vegan dark chocolate
1/4 C black currants
1/4 C coconut flakes

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In bowl, mash banana. Add apple sauce, sugar substitute and vanilla and mix. Add flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix until just moist.

Add the rest of the ingredients until oats are moist.

Cook on a cookie sheet lined with parchment (don't sweat if you don't have parchment) for 10-12 minutes.

**The last four ingredients are sort of made up. I threw in whatever I had laying around. You can do any kind of nuts, dried fruit, chocolate, etc. I believe the recipe calls for 1/2 C chopped walnuts and 1/2 C vegan chocolate chips.



--
Sam
Reply

Forward




No comments:

Post a Comment