It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Spinach and Proscuitto Stuffed Shells

I saw the babe Giada make these on her show on Food Network. She didn't do exactly these, but that's what's so great about them - you can make them however you want! I am REALLY into these now and think it's an all around great meal and idea. I'd assume this would be "fun to do with the kids" as well. Def try these and do any variation you want - they rule!

1 box jumbo shells
1 TBSP asiago cheese, finely shredded
1 TBSP fontina cheese, finely shredded
1 TBSP parmesan cheese, finely shredded
1 15 oz container ricotta
1/4 C finely chopped fresh spinach
1 egg
1/4 lb. prosciutto, finely chopped
1 tsp finely chopped oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Salt/pepp to taste

Cook the shells until they are el dente. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix the last 8 ingredients together in a bowl and stuff a little less than a TBSP in each shell.

Line the bottom of a 13X9 baking pan with tomato sauce, place the shells in the sauce, face up and cover top with sauce. Sprinkle a combination of asiago, fontina and parmesan cheese on top. If you don't have these, you can really use any cheese. I would opt for an Italian cheese with a stronger flavor though.

I'd recommend serving this with a side salad (add the ingredients from inside the shell to the side salad. i.e. I would do a spinach salad with prosciutto and veggies with an oregano lemon vinegarette for this one) and a piece of baguette to mop up the left overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment