It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fishcakes with Tartar Sauce

I grilled a whole snapper recently and had half the fish leftover. I stored this in the fridge for two days and got to it last night. It was a good pantry raid! I didn't have bread crumbs, so I opened a package of store bought Stove Top stuffing and used that for the bread crumbs (you have put these in your food processor to get them fine enough) and this worked excellently!

A
3/4 lb white fish, cooked and flaked
1 C finely ground seasoned bread crumbs (or ground up Stove Top stuffing in my case :-P)
2 eggs, beaten
2 TBSP heavy cream

B
2 TBSP mayo
2 TBSP heavy cream
1 TBSP capers, roughly chopped
1 TBSP relish

Yes, it's this easy! Combine ingredients from list A together (this should be sticky and able to form patties) and form into patties. Fry in some oil (doesn't matter what kind... I had mustard oil) over medium heat for about 3 minutes per side or until nicely browned.

Mix ingredients from B together to serve as tartar sauce. You should throw a v simple salad together to serve with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment