It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Iceburg Wedge

We got some really tasty steaks the other day (oh! just remembered I had leftovers in the freezer - aw hellllz yeeeeah!) and they were big and juicy and sexi and porterhousely. It is summer, so I didn't want to undue my work at the gym, so I opted for something simple and "healthy" on the side... just watch the amount of blue cheese dressing you use!! I thought a simple wedge would be PERFECT!

1 head Iceburg lettuce
1 large beefsteak tomato
2 boiled eggs

1/2 C mayo
1/2 C heavy cream
1 TBSP sherry vinegar
4 oz Stilton blue cheese
1 tsp dried tarragon

The assembly is pretty obvious I think... quarter the ice burg lettuce and serve one quarter per plate. Chop the tomatoes and eggs as you wish and put them on top (aka to the side, as they will fall down). Whisk all of the dressing ingredients except the blue cheese until smooth. Crumble blue cheese in dressing and whisk to combine to your liking (if you like it smooth, whisk away. I like mine chunky, so I combined ever so slightly).

Serve this w some bloody slabs and you've got yourself a meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment