It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Peach Pie Cobbler

I went to the farmers market this weekend and they had some divine peaches! I picked me up about 10 lbs and I had me some pies! The amount of peaches you need will certainly vary depending on how small you cut them, if you peel them or not, etc etc. I cut some of mine small, some of mine large and I peeled about 75% but left some unpeeled for the bright color on the skin. I am not kidding when I say that these peaches were perfect and beautiful!

I didn't want a large undertaking and I wanted to enjoy the pies asap, so I bought some already prepared, frozen deep dish 9" pie crusts and kept it nice and simple.

Also, it is important when making a pie like this to not get caught up on details. Basically, no matter how you prepare the topping or cut the peaches, it is going to be super tasty! Just have fun... you will be so proud of yourself :-)

A
10 lbs peaches (or enough to fill two deep dish pie crusts)
1/2 C flour
2 heaping TBSP cornstarch
2/3 C sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

B
2 C bread flour
1 C dark brown sugar
2 tsp salt
2 stick butter, cold and cut into pieces

2 deep dish 9" frozen pie crusts

Peel and cut your peaches how you wish. If you aren't too adventurous or are not too familiar with making pies, then you should peel all but two of your peaches and cut them into 1/8s. If you are doing it this way then you will prob need about 6-9 peaches per pie.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the rest of A together and place half in each frozen pie crust and set aside.

Combine B in a bowl and break together with your fingers until the dough comes together into little pieces that are the size of a pea. Divide in two and pat this on top of your pies (you will need to do this with a bit of force as the peaches should be piled high, however, you want to pat it on but let it remain a crumbly top).

Place both on a cookie sheet and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment