It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Antipasto Salad

I had a themed murder mystery party this Saturday - it was so fun! I made an antipasto salad for starters. I think this is very crowd pleasing.

1 can artichoke hearts
1 can roasted peppers (I had yellow and red)
8 oz. black olives
.5 lb thickly sliced deli pepperoni
.5 lb thickly sliced deli provolone
1 can cannellini beans
1 bunch green leaf lettuce

1/2 C balsamic vinegar
1/4 C olive oil
1 tsp red pepper flakes, oregano, basil, parsley, salt, pepper

Cop the artichoke, peppers and olives however you want (I quartered the artichokes, slivered the peppers and coined the olives). Marinate in the balsamic, oil and spice mixture for however long you have (up to overnight).

Rinse, dry and chop lettuce into bite size pieces. Chop the pepperoni and provolone into bite size piece. Rinse and drain the cannellini beans and top lettuce with beans.

I put the veggies on top of the salad in a pile then arranged the meat and cheese around the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment