It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Watercress, Quinoa, Sweet Potato and Scallop Salad

I needed something healthy and light last night. I felt like this weekend I had put on a few pounds (and I certainly don't need that). So, last night I made a delicious salad filled with nutrients.

1 bunch watercress
1 C quinoa
1 lb bay scallops
1 sweet potato
Cherry tomatoes
1/2 red onion
2 pieces of bacon
Juice from one lemon
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp paprika
1 garlic clove
1/4 C flour
salt/pep
Oil

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Peel and chop the sweet potato into bite size pieces. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and olive oil and spread on a cookie sheet and roast until browned.

Cook quinoa according to directions and set aside to cool.

Chop the onion and tomato and toss with the watercress.

Whisk the lemon juice, 1 TBSP olive oil, parsley and paprika to make the dressing. Pour over veggies.

Chop the bacon and fry it in some oil until browned. Remove bacon, but leave just enough fat to cover the bottom (I poured the excess fat over Mike's salad so he would hate eating it less).

Wash, pat dry and toss the scallops in the flour. Cook in the pan (flipping only once!) until the scallops are golden.

Assemble everything together and enjoy! This makes great leftovers too - once the acid from the lemon sits on the watercress for a night it is very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment