It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Arugula, Pear, Walnut and Blue Cheese Salad

This salad is very gratifying. It provides you with quite a bit of fat from the cheese and the walnuts, so it won't leave you with cravings afterwards. That being said, it isn't necessarily the healthiest salad in the world. I like to toss it with a very simple lemon/Dijon dressing. Also, I keep everything super chunky. I cut the pear into 8th and just leave it as is. It's a great salad to bring on the go and it's packed with energy. The recipe below is just for one serving. And please note that I like my dressings very pungent. If the below dressing is too strong for you, simply reduce the amounts of lemon juice and Dijon by half.

1 big handful of arugula
1 bosc pear
2 TBSP crumbled blue cheese (select one from mild to sharp depending on what you like)
1/4 C walnuts
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp olive oil

Assemble your salad. Mix the Dijon, lemon juice and oil and pour over salad. I pack mine in a Tupperware and shake it all around. I also like to mix the dressing on about 15 minutes before I eat so it gets into all the ingredients a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment