It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Blueberry Lemon Loaf

I swear I don't eat this cake for breakfast or anything totally piggy like that! This is a quick thing to put together, but the bake time is almost an hour. I like to make this the night before and eat a slice to get me out of bed and then bring it to work for my friends!

1 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 TBSP unsalted butter
3/4 C sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
Zest from one lemon
1/2 C milk
1 C blueberries

1/4 C sugar
Juice from one lemon (~2 TBSP)

Preheat oven to 350 and spray a loaf pan with Pam.

In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.

In your Kitchenaid, beat the butter for about 2 minutes and then add the sugar and beat for about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time and make sure to beat the eggs after every addition. Add the lemon zest and vanilla and combine.

With the mixer on low, add the flour and the milk alternatively starting and ending with the flour. You should do flour, milk, flour, milk, flour. Make sure to not over beat the batter at this point. When finished, fold in the blueberries and transfer to loaf pan. Bake for about 55 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment