It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Fava Bean Spread with Whole Wheat Flatbreads

This is a good, healthy, cheap and easy snack! I bring it to work, keep it in the fridge and snack on it all week when I get hungry! I also switch up the flatbreads w carrot and celery sticks quite often.

1 C dried split fava beans, soaked over night and then boiled for an hour (reserve cooking liquid)
1 handful fresh parsley
1 TBSP cayenne pepper + 1 tsp red pepper flakes (I'm kinda nuts, what can I say)
Juice from one lemon
1/4 tsp cumin
1 TBSP olive oil
At least 1 TBSP cooking liquid

1 3/4 C whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C water
1/3 C olive oil

This is pretty damn simple. First, preheat your oven to 350. Puree A in blender. Mix B and roll out in 6 separate portions until "cracker thin". Put the 6 flatbreads on foil and bake until browned about 10 mins. This is a good and healthy snack for work! Make sure you sub the flatbreads w veggies from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment