It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Scallop Ceviche

Man! This might be one of my fave dishes! I wandered the Lincoln Mall in South Beach recently trying to find the perfect ceviche. Not going to lie, I think mine is better. Way better. So, I went to Whole Foods last night... my love, my one true love (not including Meeg)... and they had this huge bowl of ceviche out. I tasted it and knew what I wanted for dinner! I then asked the fish monger chef dude how he did it and it was easy! Also, the scallops had just come in fresh that morning so it was a done diddle.

1 lb sea scallops
Juice from 2 limes and 1 large lemon
1 vine tomato, finely chopped
1/2 cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
2 TBSP cilantro, finely minced
1 serrano chili, finely chopped
1 avocado, cubed

You just juice the citrus, add the scallops and let this "cook" in fridge for an hour. After an hour, add all the veggies and let sit at room temp for 5 minutes before you serve. I served this with a side of quinoa.

**Also, as we all know, citrus yields different amounts of juice and ish... basically, the scallops should be covered by the juice when you first set them in to marinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment