It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tomato Sauce

I make this pretty often. You can double (triple, etc) the recipe and freeze this in portions too. It's delicious and nutritious.

1 28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes
1 carrot, finely chopped (I mostly just do this to pack in some beta carotene)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
1 tsp each: red pepper flakes, dried thyme, dried oregano, dried parsley, dried basil
1 TBSP olive oil

Saute the shallot, garlic, carrot and herbs in olive oil over medium heat until soft (about 6 minutes). Add the can of tomatoes and cook, on medium-high heat for about 15 minutes. Add 2 TBSP water and puree in a blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment