It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Asiago Focaccia Rolls

Making focaccia is great! You can carry over any ingredients from the Italian dish you're making. For this one, I just did asiago cheese as I knew I wanted to use it for a veggie sandwich. But you can do olives, onions, rosemary...

2 tsp dry yeast
1 C warm water
2 TBSP sugar
1/2 C flour
2 tsp salt
1/4 C + 1 TBSP olive oil
1 C crumbled asiago cheese

Gently stir yeast, water and sugar in the bowl of your electric mixer with the dough hook attached. Let this sit for 5 minutes. Turn mixer on, add half the flour and combine for 3 minutes. Dissolve the salt in 1 TBSP water, add to bowl and mix for 1 minutes. Add the olive oil and combine. Add rest of flour. Turn mixer up to medium and kneed for 8 minutes. Roll dough out onto floured surface, make it into a ball and coat with olive oil. Put in a bowl in warm place (on top of oven) for 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 415 degrees.

Cut the raised dough into 8 equal pieces, shape into little balls and flatten half way with the palm of your hand. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet and top liberally with asiago cheese. Cook for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Experiment!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment