It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Easy Ground Beef Chili

Chili is a great go-to meal in the winter... it is warm, hearty, inexpensive and stores well. Honestly, what more could you really want. I prefer my Vegetarian Chili as I'm only a fan of bloody ass red meat, but this is a great crowd please. Meegy really enjoys this one :-)

Oh, serve this with corn muffins if you got em.

3 bell peppers, diced
3 small onions, diced
5 garlic cloves, minced
2.5 lbs ground beef
1 TBSP cumin
2 TBSP cayenne pepper
1 tsp each thyme and oregano
1/2 bottle of Guinness or other stout beer
1 can kidney beans
1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
Cheddar cheese, sour cream, scallions... whatever topping you desire

Saute the peppers, onions, garlic cloves and dried spices in oil over medium - medium/high heat in a large pot until tender (about 15 mins). Remove veggies and set aside. Turn heat to high, add more oil and brown the beef (about 7 minutes). Add the veggies back in and add all the rest of the ingredients except the toppings. Simmer on high for at least 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment