It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chicken Tacos

I love Mexican food, but am haunted by it's nutritional value. This is an easy way to enjoy Mexican food without the fat! Opt for organic hard taco shells as they have about half the fat and calories as their soft taco counterparts. Cottage cheese instead of regular cheese is another way to rid of a lot of fat and the beans fill you up without adding extra carbs from rice.

2 chicken breasts, cut into pieces
1 - 2 habenero peppers
2 cloves garlic
1 handful cilantro
2 TBSP white vinegar

Salsa from my Mexican Lasagna

1 can refried pinto beans
1 container cottage cheese
1 avocado, sliced
Cilantro for garnish
Blue corn tortilla chips

Puree the habenero peppers, garlic, cilantro and white vinegar. Marinate chicken in this mixture for at least 20 minutes. Over night is best.

Make the salsa.

Grill or pan fry chicken.

Assemble tacos as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment