It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Veggie Chips

I love sandwiches: I'm the annoying person asking for her cracked pepper smoked turkey sliced and vinegar on both sides. When I eat a sandwich, I need the "crunch factor": I need my chips. Chips are bad for you. I am not the epitome of a physical specimen. Conclusion: Veggie Chips.

1 bunch kale, cleaned and cut into bite-sized pieces
2 large carrots, sliced using your food processor or mandoline
1 sweet potato, sliced using your food processor or mandoline
1 extra large beet, sliced using your food processor or mandoline

Preheat oven to 350.

Coat chips in olive oil and salt. You will most likely have to cook in batches as you want each chip to be cooked without touching another. It's a bit tedious, but shouldn't require too much thought after the first batch or two. Cook them until they are crispy and slightly browned (about 12 mins). Store in a large ziplock and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment