It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Tri-Color Herb-Dijon Salad

This is a great started salad to a pasta meal. I served this for the first time with my Fresh Pasta. The dressing packs a TON of flavor! You basically want to combine the radicchio, arugula and endive to provide a nice color (and ultimately taste) contrast. If you have a small radicchio, then use the whole thing. If 1 endive isn't enough, get two. The taste of these three items is perfectly balanced.

1/2 head radicchio
1 big handfull of arugula
1 endive
1 package baby heirloom tomatoes, sliced in half

1 TBSP lemon juice
2 tsp dijon mustard
2 TBS olive oil
1 tsp each fresh chopped: thyme, parsley, chives and oregano
1/2 shallot, finely minced
Salt/pepper

Whisk the dressing together and put into a squirt bottle. I actually just picked some of these up at Broadway Panhandler (MAN I love that store) and highly recommend them for multiple usages.

Chop, wash and assemble your greens. Place the tomatoes on top in a little pile. Let people dress their own salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment