It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Ceasar Salad with Chicken

Wow, have you got to try this! Caesar salads are one of the things I think from my earlier years that I get viscious cravings for every once in a while. We were gonna go to Patsys for one of these, but then I wanted to try my own. It's so easy and soooo worth it! The chicken tenders and shaved parm made it way better than any restaurant.

A
3 anchovy filets
3 cloves garlic
2 tsp white vinegar
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp Worcestershire
1 1/2 tsp Dijon
1/3 C olive oil
1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese

Romain hearts
Italian baguette
Garlic
Olive Oil
Small handful fresh basil
Small handful Parmesan cheese
Chicken tenders (pre-cut into thin strips)
Egg wash (1 egg + 2 tsp milk)
Salt

Preheat oven to 350.

Cut half of the baguette into big cubes and put in the oven until dry (maybe about 15 mins).

Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining A in a food processor until well blended.

Once dry, food process the cubes with the basil and add in a handful of Parmesan cheese to get your breadcrumbs for the chicken tenders.

With the rest of the baguette, cut small slices, drizzle w olive oil, sprinkle with salt and put in the 350 oven. This will create your over-sized croutons.

Chop, clean and dress your lettuce at this point.

Dip your tenders in an egg wash then the breadcrumbs then pan fry in olive oil until golden and cooked through.

Take croutons out and rub down with whole fresh garlic.

When you are ready to assemble, put the dressed romaine on a plate, top with 3 tenders, shaved Parmesan, a drizzle of olive oil and your garlic-rubbed croutons.

1 comment: