It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Salmon en Papillote avec Watercress

Oh la la, sounds fancy as hell, huh? This meal is really delicious and totally nutritious. I think I almost certainly ate two portions. I guess I do that frequently.

I'll just do enough for one serving below, but multiply it by however many ppl you have and it'll work. I find it's a nice, easy, little-mess, solo after-work meal tho.

1 salmon fillet (God, mine was awesome... zero smell, rich color, plump and delicious!)
1 TBSP Dijon
1 C packed watercress**
2 cloves garlic
1 TBSP chopped onion
4 sprigs thyme
2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp tomato paste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place the salmon on a sheet of parchment paper. Cover with the Dijon and add 1 tsp red pepper flakes and 2 sprigs of thyme on top. Wrap and bake for 8 minutes (for it to be rare).

Meanwhile, add the rest of the ingredients, minus the watercress, plus 1/4 C water in a saute pan and reduce by half. Add the watercress and saute until wilted to your liking.

**Watercress can be very gritty, so it is important to properly wash it before use. To wash, let sit in a large bowl of cold water, changing the water 4 times, for about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment