It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Spiced Topioca Pudding

I served this dessert after a simple Indian curry-from-a-package meal and the flavors were a perfect sweet end to the simple meal. Sometimes I find it nice to keep the meal extremely simple (I combined chicken tenders, cauliflower and onion with an Indian spice pack, crushed tomatoes and chicken stock and served w basmati rice) and finish with a great home made dessert. This dessert also happens to be cheap and you will almost certainly have all the ingredients on hand (you can add whatever spices you have... don't worry about getting all of them).

3 C 2% milk
1/2 C large tapioca pearls
1/4 tsp salt
2 small cinnamon sticks
1 cardamon pod
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 whole cloves
1/2 C sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla

Combine the first 7 ingredients in a small sauce pan, cover and simmer on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Add the sugar gradually, stirring constantly. Whisk, temper and add the eggs into the milk mixture. Continue cooking, uncovered, on medium heat for about 8 minutes. Add the vanilla, turn off heat and let cool for at least 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment