It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Shallow Fried Cod with Olive Relish

I was cravin something salty, healthy and quick. The freshness of this meal paired with the rich saltiness is a very nice combo! Fresh parsley and a squirt of lemon really brighten up the end product. I really really REEEALLY love arugula... especially when you put a steaming hot piece of protein on top so part of the arugula wilts - yes!

I did for myself - one serving.

1 piece of cod filet
2 handfuls of arugula
1/4 olives, chopped roughly
1 TBSP capers, roughly chopped
1 roma tomato, roughly chopped
1 shallot, minced
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp fresh thyme
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp red pepper flakes
olive oil
Fresh parsley
1/2 lemon

In a medium saute pan, heat about 2 TBSP olive oil and add the garlic, thyme, oregano and red pepper flakes. Turn the heat off after 30 seconds and let cool while you wash the arugula and lightly flour the cod. Remove the herbs and garlic.

Turn the heat back on to medium. Add 1 tsp olive oil. Once hot, pan fry the cod (about 3 minutes per side). Place the cod on top of the arugula on your plate.

In the hot pan, add the olive, capers, tomato, shallots and herbs/garlic from above. Saute until hot and tender. Place this on top of the cod. Add fresh parsley and a squirt of fresh lemon juice. If you're super hungry you can serve this with a roll. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment