It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fruit Tart

This is just a pure looker! It is so gratifying to make something that not only tastes divine, but looks spectacular as well. My neurosis have kicked in and I've been a bit of an obsessive baker.

A
1/2 C powdered sugar
1 1/2 C AP flour
1 1/2 sticks butter, sliced

B
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond

C
1 pint blackberries
1 pint raspberries
2 kiwis

D
2 TBSP marmalade
2 TBSP water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine A in a food processor and pulse until dough-like. Place half the dough in 9 1/2" pie tart (keep half for next time), poke holes in the bottom and bake for about 12 minutes until lightly browned.

Beat B until fluffy.

Spread B in A and arrange C on top. Glaze with D.

Those are your ABC's to a delicious fruit tart!

No comments:

Post a Comment