It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Fizzy Cola Cupcakes

My brother and I were youths growing up outside of London. We would ride our bikes to the Pic a Mix place, which are loose candy stores in the UK. Fizzy colas were his favorite. He recently just moved to a new spot in BK, so I wanted to bring him something.

1 1/3 C AP flour
3/4 C sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 C yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C butter (1 stick)
4 TBSP cocoa powder
3/4 Coke

1 1/3 C powdered sugar
1 stick butter
2 TBSP Coke

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix the first 4 ingredients together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the egg, yogurt and vanilla.

In a saucepan, heat the butter, cocoa powder and coke until just melter. Stir the mixture into the dry mixture. Stir to combine. Add the wet ingredients. Spoon into cupcake tins (should be about 2/3 way full) and bake for 20 mins.

Decorate w icing and top with a fizzy cola!

No comments:

Post a Comment