It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Apple Current Strudel

I used some of the apples I picked at the farm for this recipe. This will make your entire kitchen (and entire apt in my case - hah!) smell so delicious! If you're going to have people over for dinner, stick this in 40 minutes before they come so they are greeted by the apple cinnamony scent!

2 apples sliced super thin
3 TBSP dried black currants (or raisins)
1/4 C sugar
1 TBSP corn starch (flour is fine too)
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine all ingredients.

roll out thawed puff pastry sheet until thin. Poke holes with a fork on 2/3 of the sheet. Fill with apple filling in the middle and bring other poked side over top. Fold ends in and finally fold top sheet over. Use water to help the pastry stick. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for about 40 minutes or until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment