It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Berry Preserve Ice Cream

We just bought an ice cream maker. I only think of kids when I play with this. All kids love ice cream and promoting creativity is very important in my mind. You can make sorbets, slushies, ice cream, gelato and frozen yogurt. You can put ANYTHING in ice cream. I am giving you a base for vanilla ice cream here. We add the preserves but you don't get a berry taste... it helps accentuate the vanilla.

1 C whipping cream
2 C half and half
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 C - 2 TBS sugar
1 TBSP fruit preserve

Put everything in a pot and boil until it reaches 170 degrees, remove from heat and let cool for 20 minutes. Transfer to a lidded container and refrigerate over night. The next day you can put it into your ice cream maker and then hard freeze over night. So tasty! Feel free to double up on this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment