It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Fresh Linguini with Spinach and Cannellini Beans

I brought this over to Chel's after a night of drinking for our friend's birthday. I hadn't eaten all day so I needed some nutrients. I needed the iron, Lycopene and fiber. My total (including the fresh pasta) was just over $11.

Fresh linguini (or whatever you're in the mood for)
1 super large bunch of spinach, washed
1 28 oz. can of whole peeled tomatoes
1 14 oz. can of cannellini beans
1 shallot
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
Parmesan cheese
Oil
Salt/pep

Finely mince the shallot and garlic and cook in an oiled skillet over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes. Add the spinach and turn for about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes one by one, crushing them with your hands before putting them in. Add the rest of the tomato liquid, the spices and the beans. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes. While simmering, crush the beans as much as you can with the back of your spatula.

Cook the pasta for 2 minutes then transfer to skillet and toss w other ingredients. Serve with parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment