It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Quick Apple Cobbler

If you have butter, flour, sugar and apples you're set for a delicious autumn dessert. However, add some cinnamon, nutmet, vanilla and lemons and you're fantastic! I totally made this up last night and as Mike and I were saying, "you really can't mess this up".

6 apples
1 stick of butter
2 C flour
1 C sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract
Zest from one lemon

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Peel and slice apples however you want (I did half then half then half then half). Place apples in a round casserole dish and toss with sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and lemon zest. In a separate bowl, combine flour with butter and crumble with your hands. Sprinkle the flour/butter combo over the top of the apples. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the top is golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment