It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Chicken Quesadillas

The smokiness of the chipotle peppers combined with the sweetness of the beans paired with the pure heat from the Siracha made these quesadillas worth repeating. Buy everything I suggest and don't make substitutions. I know, I know, I would rarely say this, but in this instance it is really worth it. I think dried chipotles are good to have on hand for all your Mexican desires.

2 whole wheat 12" tortillas
1 C shredded cheddar/jack cheese
1/2 C pinto beans
1 C shredded chicken **
1 dried chipotle pepper, finely chopped
Siracha sauce
Salsa
Sour cream

Put half of all the ingredients (except salsa and sour cream) on half of one of the tortillas. We cooked these on our griddle on medium heat for about 4 mins per side. You def want to get some of the tortilla burnt in places... the smokiness of some char ties all the ingredients nicely. Serve with salsa and sour cream.

** This was part of my meals I was going to do with a whole chicken. Buying the whole chicken is great. I used half of the shredded chicken for this recipe, I'm going to use the breasts (which I removed in tact) tonight and then I made another recipe with the rest of the shredded chicken. Not to mention, I have a ton of chicken stock for the week... I will freeze the stock in individual portions and use for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment