It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Meatloaf With All The Fixings

Mike asked for meatloaf for dinner so I gave him meatloaf! I sorta wish I could do this everyday, but there isn't time. If I was a house wife I could do this all day. Sometimes I wish I could be a stay-at-home house wife and then other times I feel I'd go mental if I was a stay-at-home house wife/mother. Maybe without the mother part? I do know I feel women totally fucked themselves with the whole burning of the bra thing.

2 lbs total of veal, pork, beef
1 C bread crumbs
3 eggs
1/2 finely chopped yellow onion
1/4 C ketchup
2 glove garlic v finely minced
Salt/pepp

Gravy:
Pour pan drippings from meat loaf into cup and let sit for 15 mins. Scrape away the fat that comes to the top, add juices (minus fat) into pan and put over medium heat. Add 1/4 C water + 1 TBSP corn starch to mixture (it is crucial that you mix the water and the cornstarch BEFORE adding it to heat). Add 2 tsp Gravy Maker :0)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients (use your hands here... no tool will do as well) and put in loaf pan. Cook, covered with foil, for 45 minutes. Remove foil, turn oven to broil and broil top until golden.

8 medium Yukon gold potatoes
2 TBSP butter/marge
1 C skim milk
Salt/pep

Peel, quarter and boil potatoes until fork tender. Meanwhile, microwave the milk and butter until butter has melted. Combine cooked potatoes and milk and butter in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer. You can also use potato ricer (my favorite actually) or a fork works just fine.

Peel 3 carrots and chop. Add to a pot w water and boil. When the carrots are almost done cooking add frozen peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment