It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Peach and Nectarine Shell Tarts

I made these for my mom cause she looooves desserts... especially pastries. This is super duper simple! I love puff pastry so much (oh! just thought of another one I have to blog)!

1 package puff pastry shells
3 pears
3 nectarines
4 TBSP butter
4 TBSP sugar (it's dessert people!!)
2 tsp cinnamon

Cook the puff pastry shells 2 minutes less than what the package suggests. Meanwhile, finely chop the pears and nectarines into little bite size pieces. Add the fruit into a saute pan and saute with the butter, sugar and cinnamon until super tender and starting to caramelize. Remove from heat and fill shells with mixture. Return to oven for another 3 minutes and serve either alone or with ice cream.

You can do this really with any kind of fruit you want. I would say stone fruits and berries are the best. I'm not sure citrus or melons, for example, would turn out too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment