It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Curried Egg Rotis

This dish was sorta inspired by my bro who lives at Kati Roll which is a sweet midtown lunch spot. It's like Indian burritos.

Anyways, you can wrap these bad boys in anything you got. I've done em w the low carb whole wheat wraps and they STILL taste good (tell me that's not impressive... caamon). My fave is roti rolls which are apparently really easy to make, I haven't tried though - I prefer the pre-made ones from Kalustyans (and yes, I talk about this market all the bloody time, get used to it).

Ite - one more word... you will cook the eggs super low and super slow. They will resemble more of a custard than a scrambled egg. You want them to be "runny" still. Even though they look under done, they are ready.

3 eggs (this is for one serving... 2 small wraps)
1 tsp fresh minced ginger
1 tsp fresh minced garlic
1 tsp fresh minced hot chili
1 TBS curry powder
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ginger powder
Pinch of sugar
salt/pep
1 tsp butter
Thin red onion slices
Fresh cilantro

melt the butter over low heat in small non-stick pan. Add fresh ginger, garlic and chili and cook for 4 minutes. Add the eggs (they should not sizzle or anything) and dried spices. Cook, stirring constantly, for abt 20 minutes. The eggs should still be "runny". This might sound complicated, but it doesn't even really matter how you do the eggs. I've def done them quickly when in a hurry. However, if you can get the eggs to the perfect consistancy it's fucking to die for. Eggs actually fill you up more than any food. I should have a link to prove this, but I forget where I read it. Maybe I'll research and update this blog later.

Anyways, make some red onion slivers and pull off some fresh cilantro, lay those on the wrap and then put eggs over it. Roll and eat.

Another you can do if you have it is add cottage cheese to the eggs. I don't know why I tried this at first, but I did and it's tasty and keeps the eggs nice n moist.

No comments:

Post a Comment