It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Paneer Appetizer

I think this is one of the main reasons my boyfriend is so obsessed with me :0) Serve this with Naan bread. This is an appetizer, but could be made into an entree. I like to serve it with my Lamb Vindaloo. Whatever it is, it's super easy Indian food and it's delicious. I mean, who doesn't love cheese as a main ingredient?!

1 block paneer
1 TBS finely chopped onions
2 can crushed tomatoes
1 C milk (skim - whole, don't matta)
2 TBS poppy seeds
1 TBSP chilli powder
1 tsp sugar
Chili pepper

Naan to serve.

Warm milk to almost a boil, add poppy seeds, kill heat and let those soak together for 2 hours. Add some oil (preferably ghee, but that's intense) and fry the onions for a bit. Add the tomatoes and boil those till they reduce a bit. Add paneer, milk mixture, chili powder, sugar and chili and let simmer for however long you have. Again, this only gets better with time. I shop for these ingredients at Kalustyans cause we all know how I feel about specialty markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment