It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Feta and Watermelon Salad

This is super refreshing. Eat this with grilled chicken, fish or shrimp. It will definitely impress your parents (and showing off for my mums is my fave! she always loves whatever I do... she's so bloody kind it really kills me)

1 small watermelon
1 C crumbled feta
1/4 C roughly chopped kalamata olives
1 TBS finely chopped mint
salt/pep

Mix altogether RIGHT before serving. If you do it beforehand it will get soggy. When I really want to blow my mom out of the water, I scoop out the watermelon, save the half a melon and use it as a serving bowl, as such. I suppose if I was better in the kitchen I could master this though. Maybe I'll dig out the ole pumpkin carving set (what am I talking about? I don't have a pumpkin carving set... if I did though...) and give it a whirl...

No comments:

Post a Comment