It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pasta Salad

So, I'm not sure how I know this recipe. I am pretty sure Colleen taught me in college, but I now think Tully claims fame for it. My sister, Chelsea, some how always perfects it...

1 box tri-color pasta
1 bottle Italian dressing
1 green, yellow and red pepper
1 red onion
1/2 bunch of broccoli
1 block mozzarella cheese

It's simple, but so tasty and colorful. I think there are two tricks: 1. getting the tri-color pasta and 2. let marinate preferably over night.

Cook the pasta and while it's cooking chop all the veggies into tiny tiny little pieces. Cut the cheese (hahaha... god I'm lame) into medium sized chunks. Pour the dressing on the HOT pasta (to ensure the pasta soaks up the dressing) and add all other ingredients. Toss and set in fridge for as long as you got. This will, of course, still be delicious if it can only rest for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment