It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pork n Peach

I really dig the flavors of pork and peaches together. So, I like to do this w a pork tenderloin (those log looking things). I also really really love frozen fruit (and veggies). I guess frozen shit gets a bad rap cause it's frozen, but the reality of it is that a lot of the time the frozen shit can be more fresh because it's frozen right away to lock in all the goodness whereas by the time "fresh" fruit gets to the super market it's been traveling forever. Time Out New York did a great article about how long it takes food to get to you. Lemme see if I can find it... Anyways, can't find it but it was good and gross at the same time. Basically by the time it's picked, packed, shipped, unpacked and stacked it can be like 15 days. Now that shit aint fresh mang. Ok, so yeah, that's why I sorta sometimes really dig the frozen ish. Not to mention it's a great go to. Shut up Sam, recipe time:

1 pork tenderloin (hmm, 2 lbs-ish)
1 bag frozen peaches (kind of an organic whore when it comes to frozen shit)
2 TBS honey
3 TBS mustard
2 tsp dried thyme
3 garlic cloves
Stock or water (stock has so much sodium I usually do water)

Preheat oven to 350. Wash your pork and cut 3 X's on the top. Stuff the whole garlic cloves into the Xs for flavor and juiciness. Rub your pork with thyme, salt and pep... rub it gooood. Ewe, I'm in a weird mood today. Ok, mix the honey and the mustard (ta-dah! honey mustard!) and set aside. In a super super hot pan throw the pork in it and turn it around to sear it and make all the juices stick inside. Remove from heat and transfer to oven safe pot, slather top of log w honey mustard and add peaches and stock/H20 to the sides. Cook, covered, for 45 minutes. Now THIS is suuuuper tasty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment