It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Friday, July 24, 2009

My Mom's Shepard Pie

You MUST purchase HP sauce to accompany this. I think the more simple you keep this, the better.

10 big red potatoes
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 bag frozen mixed veggies
1 - 1 1/2 C milk (skim works fine)
2 TBS marge
Ketchup/HP sauce (no, not A1 sauce)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel and boil potatoes. Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Once it's browned, add the mixed veggies and continue cooking for 3 minutes.

Drain the potatoes when they are fork tender and mash together with the milk and marge (you can add salt/pepp here if you're into that... I'd do pep... not a huge salt fan). Pour the meat/veggie mixture into a 13X9 baking dish and then top with mashed potatoes. Smooth out the potatoes and do a squiggly of ketchup on top (this is mostly for effect, but looks super cool). Bake for 30-45 mins or until top is golden. Let cool for 20 mins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment